Do you want to be part of an innovative and creative team?
Intuitech, a water treatment equipment manufacturer, is seeking an electrical design engineer to join our team. Our engineering team designs schematics, layouts, and models, while providing quality control over the fabrication of our equipment. In addition to job-based design and delivery functions, the group is focused on improving design and manufacturing methods as well as assisting in new product development and testing.
A successful candidate should have proficiency in 2D Electrical Schematic designs. Additionally, candidates should have a fundamental understanding of basic load calculations as well as electrical design layouts for physical control panels (AC/DC circuits, relays, motors, variable frequency drives, etc.). An ideal candidate will also be experienced in and have a general understanding of the national electrical code (NEC).
Equally important to technical skills, candidates should have a desire to learn new things and an inquisitive nature. Candidates must be teachable and willing to attend technical trainings to gain specialized skills germane to their role. To be successful, a candidate will also need superior communication skills, ability to work without distraction, and a high level of personal confidence based on real experience.
- Use of Microsoft Visio to prepare electrical schematics, fabrication drawings, and material lists for procurement.
- Within 1 year of hire, be proficient in NEC code compliance and be able to pass UL’s Manufacturer Technical Representative exam. Training and educational resources will be provided to prepare for the exam.
- Research, perform calculation, and document components to be used in designs
- Review and modify designs to increase production efficiencies
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex designs
- Research and evaluate the installation and proper use of mechanical and electrical components in systems
- Perform engineering calculations (AC/DC circuits, wire and breaker sizing, short circuit current ratings, etc.)
- Track project time lines to complete tasks on schedule
- Provide quality inspection during fabrication
- Previous experience in mechanical/electrical engineering, drafting, or manufacturing in related fields
- Familiarity with machine designs and control panel wiring diagrams
- Familiarity with CAD or other related software, specifically Microsoft Visio
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to learn new things
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office