Do you want to be part of an innovative and creative team?
Intuitech, a water treatment equipment manufacturer, is seeking an automation and control engineer to join our team. Our engineering team specifies, designs, models, programs, and commissions pilot equipment and provides quality control over manufacturing activities. In addition to job-based design and delivery functions, the group is focused on improving design and manufacturing methods as well as assisting in new product development and testing.
A successful candidate should have proficiency in 2D electrical schematic designs as well as 3D modeling of some mechanical aspects of control systems. Additionally, candidates should have a fundamental understanding of basic AC/DC circuit design and calculations, short circuit calculations, serial communications, TCP/IP, and instrumentation configuration. An ideal candidate will also be experienced in and have a general understanding of the national electrical code (NEC) and the Underwriters Laboratories industrial control panel standard UL508A.
Equally important to technical skills, candidates should have a desire to learn new things and an inquisitive nature. Candidates must be teachable and willing to attend technical trainings to gain specialized skills related to their role. To be successful, a candidate will also need superior communication skills, ability to work without distraction, attention to detail, and a high level of personal confidence based on real experience.
- Use of 2D design package to prepare electrical schematics
- Use of 3D design package to prepare mechanical models of control panels, fabrication drawings, and material lists for procurement
- Within 1 year of hire, be proficient in NEC code compliance and be able to pass UL’s Manufacturer Technical Representative exam (training and educational resources will be provided to prepare for the exam)
- Research, perform calculations, and document components used in designs
- Review and modify designs to increase production efficiencies
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex designs
- Research and evaluate the installation and proper use of mechanical and electrical components in systems
- Perform engineering calculations (AC/DC circuits, wire and breaker sizing, transformer sizing, short circuit current ratings, etc.)
- Track project time lines to complete tasks on schedule
- Provide quality inspection during fabrication
- Previous experience in mechanical/electrical engineering, drafting, or manufacturing in related fields
- Familiarity with machine designs and control panel wiring diagrams
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD or other related software, specifically Microsoft Visio and SolidWorks
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to learn new things
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office