Technical Sales Representative
Do you want to be part of an innovative and creative team? Intuitech, a leading provider of water treatment equipment, is seeking a technical salesperson to join our well-established team. In this critical role, you will promote and sell Intuitech Products for the water, waste water, and industrial water sector.
Intuitech is a premier brand in the industry with a 26-year track record delivering essential equipment for the piloting and testing market. Intuitech is a trusted partner of the majority of the top consulting firm and has project experience in every region of the United States. Intuitech is a mature brand with a well-established value proposition. This position will report to Executive Team and will work with the Engineering Director and Production Director to grow Intuitech’s sales of standard piloting equipment. To be a successful in this role, you should be able to develop an excellent rapport with our existing customers and bring new clients to Intuitech.
On the technical side, you should be able to quickly become familiar with each of standard skids, their standard options, and their most successful use cases. Your responsibilities will include a deep understanding of the benefits of piloting and helping our client establish and justify the need of equipment.
On the sales side, you should be able to develop and execute a sales plan as well as identify target markets and strategies. You should be able to represent Intuitech at multiple trade shows and events throughout the year. Additionally, you should have a strategic mindset, evaluating the return on investment of various sales approaches and making recommendations for when to change course.
Beyond sales, this position will have an R&D and publication aspect to it as well. In conjunction with other team members, an ideal candidate will be able to author content pieces (articles, webinars, presentations, posters, etc.) that promote and discuss best practices in piloting. Additionally, you should be able to work with clients to support the publication of their piloting efforts on a regional and national level.
This role is multi-faceted, and it is not expected that the successful candidate will excel in all areas discussed above. Applicants should have knowledge of coagulation, flocculation, filtration, and disinfection. Knowledge about advanced treatment such as ozone, membrane treatment, reverse osmosis, DAF, and ion exchange will be beneficial. Paramount to success, you must be a task-oriented person who is intrinsically motivated to work on a task until it is completed and has a high attention to detail. Applicants should have a drive to learn new things and be willing to experiment, fail, and try again.
- Setting realistic sales target and developing and executing a plan so that sales targets are consistently met.
- Establishing the technical needs of the customer and suggesting appropriate Intuitech products.
- Explaining complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable.
- Being a client advocate during the design, fabrication, and delivery of equipment; following up with customers and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Keeping customers informed about new technological products.
- Providing quote on standard equipment and developing cost proposals for standard equipment.
- Author content pieces (articles, webinars, presentations, posters, etc) that promote and discuss best practices in piloting
- Work with clients to support the publication of their piloting efforts on a regional and national level
- Represent Intuitech at trade shows
- 2+ years’ experience in the water or waste water industry
- 2+ years’ experience in sales or marketing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creativity to develop new leads and the ability to follow up on leads.
- Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel extensively.
- Strong project and task management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to drive, track, and close out tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the water or waste water industry
- Experience in water treatment piloting
- Experience with Intuitech equipment
- Experience specifying equipment
- Member of AWWA or other water related organization