Do you want to be part of an innovative and creative team? Intuitech, a leading provider of water treatment equipment, is seeking a Process Engineer to join our well-established team. In this critical role, you will support, start up, and develop new pilot skids for the water, waste water, and industrial water sector.
With both our engineering and production teams co-located in our Salt Lake City facility, this position will provide a rare opportunity to be involved in every aspect of engineering, production, and commissioning of equipment.
This position will report directly to the Engineering Director and will closely with the mechanical, electrical, and controls design team to help develop world class pilot equipment. As the process engineer, you will be responsible for being the client’s voice and ensure the equipment will meet the overall testing objectives of the end used.
With the support from a senior process engineering, you will be the lead process engineer for all projects. You will work with clients to understand process needs and develop solutions using Intuitech equipment. Additionally, you will develop control narratives for each project and review narrative with client/ engineering team to ensure alignment. While equipment is in fabrication, you will oversee engineering and testing to ensure correctness and completeness of design from a process point of view. As the process engineer on the engineering team you will help other engineers understand the process ‘why’ of projects and actively be the voice of our client’s experience and needs. You will develop startup plans to ensure proper knowledge transfer of equipment to the end user and be an on-site training resource.
Beyond project work, this position will have an R/D and publication aspect to it as well. An ideal candidate will be able to author content pieces (articles, webinars, presentations, posters, etc) that promote and discuss best practices in piloting. Additionally, you should be able to work with clients to support the publication of their piloting efforts on a regional and national level. Additionally, you will be given the opportunity to become an active member in AWWA and other professional organizations as well as represent Intuitech at trade shows and other targeted quarterly sales trips.
This role is multi-faceted, and it is not expected that the successful candidate will excel in all areas discussed above. Applicants should have knowledge of coagulation, flocculation, filtration, and disinfection. Knowledge about advanced treatment such as ozone, membrane treatment, reverse osmosis, DAF, and ion exchange will be beneficial. Paramount to success, you must be a task-oriented person who is intrinsically motivated to work on a task until it is completed and has a high attention to detail. Applicants should have a drive to learn new things and be willing to experiment, fail, and try again.
- Work with clients to understand process needs and develop solutions using Intuitech equipment
- Develop control narratives for each project and review narrative with client/ engineering team to ensure alignment
- Assist with engineering and testing to ensure correctness and completeness of design
- Be a resource for explaining the process ‘why’ of projects and actively be the voice of our client’s experience and needs
- Develop startup plans to ensure proper knowledge transfer of equipment
- Author content pieces (articles, webinars, presentations, posters, etc) that promote and discuss best practices in piloting
- Work with clients to support the publication of their piloting efforts on a regional and national level
- Be an active member in professional associations
- Perform factory and on-site startups of equipment
- Represent Intuitech at trade shows
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Strong project and task management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform engineering tasks
- Ability to work well in teams
- Previous experience in process design, piloting, or bench testing
- Ability to explain process engineering to non-process engineers
- Ability to drive, track, and close out tasks
- 5+ years’ experience in the water or waste water industry
- Experience in water treatment piloting
- Experience with Intuitech equipment
- Experience specifying equipment
- Member of AWWA or other water related organization